National Renewables Statistics
Digest of UK Energy Statistics (DUKES)
The 2013 edition is is the latest in a series which began more than 60 years ago. DUKES contains extensive tables, charts and commentary covering all the major aspects of energy, including separate sections on petroleum, gas, coal, electricity and renewables. It provides a detailed and comprehensive picture of energy production and use over the last five years.
Energy Trends is the DECC's quarterly bulletin of statistics on energy in the United Kingdom. It includes up-to-date information on numerous aspects of the production, consumption and price of energy, including some of those covered in tables in DUKES.
Energy in Brief summarises the latest statistics on energy production, consumption and prices in the United Kingdom.
Renewables Information 2012, with 2011 data, is available from the International Energy Agency.
The main findings and implications of the survey of 2012, including the following list of Figures, are published in Renewable sources of energy: chapter 6, Digest of United Kingdom energy statistics (DUKES):
- Renewables energy flow chart
- Rate of electrical growth
- Installed electrical capacity
- Wind farm capacities map - also available on this site
- Load factors
- Renewables Obligations contributions since 1992
- Renewable energy utilisation
- Heat, electricity and transport
- Progress against Renewable Energy Directive
In addition, the following MS Excel Spreadsheets containg renewables statistical data are also available for download:
- Renewables and waste: commodity balances (DUKES 6.1-6.3)
- Capacity of, and electricity generated from, renewable sources (DUKES 6.4)
- Load factors for renewable electricity generation (DUKES 6.5)
- Renewable sources used to generate electricity and heat and for transport fuels (DUKES 6.6)
- Renewable sources data used to indicate progress under the 2009 EU Renewable Energy Directive (measured using net calorific values) (DUKES 6.7)
- Renewable sources used to generate electricity and heat; electricity generated from renewable sources 1990 to 2012 (DUKES 6.1.1)
- Renewable orders and operational capacity by NFFO Tranche and technology 1998 to 2012 (DUKES 6.1.2)